Monday 12 March 2012

Proverbs 10:25

When the storm has swept by, the wicked are gone, but the righteous stand firm forever. (Proverbs 10:25)

Who was better off before the storm? Paul said,

If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are to be pitied more than all men. (1 Corinthians 15:19)

If I mess around and party for the last six months going into my Year 12 exams, how will I feel compared to the other Year 12 students? I will probably feel that the last six months has been so much fun while the other students will probably feel that the last six months has involved so much hard work. However, if I need a high percentile grade to move forward into the career of my choice, how will I feel when I’ve failed to get what I needed? Suddenly, the last six months changes from a ‘celebration of life’ to a tragic wasted opportunity. This is an accurate illustration of life. The lifestyle of those who don’t serve God may appear attractive, easy, rewarding, etc… to us, but there will come a time when it will become obvious that serving God was the only true thing of value that we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment